After invoices have been Sent to your customers, or manually Marked as Sent, they cannot be deleted. If there are any invoice discrepancies that need to be corrected at this point, you can do so by generating a credit note. This effectively reverses the invoice and then allows you to make any changes, and re-create the invoice.
You can create the credit note using the following method:
- Navigate to Invoicing.
- Switch to Action Invoices.
- Select invoice(s) in Sent or Sent manually status by checking the box to the left.
- Choose Actions / Create Credit Note.
- Choose Create Credit Note option. The Credit Note generation process starts, and displays the operation progress page.
- After generation, you are taken back to the Action Invoices screen from which you can select and Send the credit note(s), or Mark as Sent.
Note: Until the Credit Note is Marked as Sent (or Sent), you won't be able to regenerate the invoice.
Please sign in to leave a comment.