If you use Datagate for invoice payments, and you export your invoices to QuickBooks Online, you can now choose to have Datagate mark those invoices as Paid in Quickbooks Online.
Prerequisites - Setup
- A Payment Processor, such as Stripe or Authorize.net, configured in Datagate
- Integration with QuickBooks Online configured in Datagate
From your username on the top right of the screen, choose Settings / Integrations / Quickbooks Online Details button.
Choose to: Export payments
Paying the Invoice
Export the invoice to Quickbooks Online as usual.
The invoice is paid in one of the following manners:
- The Datagate End Customer Payment Portal - the customer chooses to pay the invoice
- The customer pays the invoice by clicking on a link in the email
- The customer has stored a credit card in the Datagate End Customer portal, and the Datagate user selects the invoice and chooses "Pay".
In all cases, the invoice shows with a status of "Paid" in the Datagate portal
Transfer to QuickBooks Online
After a period of time, usually within an hour, the Payment is transferred to Quickbooks. The invoice shows as Paid in Quickbooks as below: