Datagate Support | Nov 29, 2021
Read this document for an overview of how to create a miscellaneous invoice.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Services Team.
When would you use one: You want to create and send an invoice to a customer outside of the usual monthly cycle
How to create a miscellaneous invoice:
Navigate to Customers/Invoices.Then Click “+” to add a new misc. invoice
Or go to Invoicing: Action Invoices. Then Click "+" to add a new misc. invoice.
Enter or update the invoice number and dates.
Click “+” to add lines to the invoice:
Choose a Product Template using the drop-down.
Make any changes.
- Code – Product code. From the Product template.
- Product Label – displays on the invoice
- Site – optional, please assign a site if relevant.
- Supplier – optional, occasionally used to display on the invoice
- Service and Service Item – optional, occasionally used to display on the invoice
- GL Code – Will be a required field if you use General Ledger codes for exporting your invoice. Not required/used for Quickbooks, ConnectWise or Autotask.
- Product Category - optional, occasionally used to display on the invoice
- Cost – Required. This is your internal cost. Not displayed on the invoice, used for profitability reporting.
- Sell – Required. The unit price you are charging your customer
- Quantity – Required. Quantity * Sell is the value that will display on the invoice
- Total Cost/Total Sell – display only. Determined by the Cost, Sell, Quantity above.
- Cost Centre – optional
- Exclude Surcharges – USA only. This invoice line won’t be used in the surcharge (Cost Recovery Fee) calculation if this box is checked
- Tax Inclusive – USA only. If you’re not sure leave this unchecked.
- Is Hidden – this line won’t display on the invoice if this box is checked and the “Sell” is zero.
- Tax code – USA and Canada only. Tax code as determined by the tax partner that did your tax mapping. Required for USA and Canada
- Extra fields – optional. For your own administrative purposes.
Press Save on the invoice header also.
🚨 Note: this is now only a DRAFT invoice. In IUSA or Canada, it does not have any taxes on it. For all countries, there is no PDF.
To generate the actual invoice, go to menu: Invoicing/Action Invoices, or Customers/Invoices.
Select the invoice.
Choose “Generate Miscellaneous”.
You now have an invoice, you can view in the usual manner.
Send to the customer, and export in the usual manner.
🚨Note: Export to ConnectWise (if required) should use the option “ConnectWise Multiline”. This will export to a Miscellaneous invoice in ConnectWise.